1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Straplocks for Acoustic Bass - AEB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crusher47, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Tried a search and didn't find anything... What are you guys/gals using for straplocks on your Acoustic/Electric bass guitars (if any)?

I have Schaller's on all my electrics but leaning heavily on using the LOXX system for my AEB since they are low profile and just to have something a little different.

2. As with my electrics, I use Dunlops on my EAB. Not so much out of over-concern for my cheap EAB, but all of my straps have the mechanism. D'oh!

Definitely not low-profile, but they work quite nicely.

3. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    I use Dunlop's on all of my solid bodies but just use lightweight leather straps on my acoustics (guitar and bass). I rarely hang the acoustics just by the strap, always have a hand on the neck. If a strap lets go it is easy to hold by the neck. On the other hand, trying to quickly grab a 10 pound solid body may result in a dropped bass. I also only use the acoustics around the house--they never go out.

4. Crusher47

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks guys! I plan on doing some gigs with mine and although the strap is on there without the locks and doesn't look like it will let go, I prefer to have that little piece of mind just in case.

Bassman Spiff likes this.
  5. Crusher47

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    OK, this Acoustic thing is all new to me... Went by my local GC and picked up the Loxx Straplocks, removed the end pin on the bottom of the guitar, however the hole is way too big for the straplocks. Looks like I would have to drill another hole to use them. Not really liking that idea :(

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    You've probably tried the rest, now try the best!
    Neotech.
    2s61xyr.
    2dtsq6o.

7. Thumb n Fingers

Thumb n Fingers

Dec 15, 2016
    I've become a fan of the D'Addario Planet Waves Planet Lock straps for my Thunderchief. That mechanism built into the straps takes a couple tries to get proficient at it, but it's solid and holds tight as all get out.

D'Addario Planet Waves 2

I use strap locks on my electrics; I use padded straps for those because of the heavier weight and, so far, I don't think there are any planet lock padded straps. Check 'em out. Not expensive and really work well.

8. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    My AEB has a jack built into the bottom strap button so all bets are off using conventional locks. I keep a separate strap for it and bought a set of these. I have had no problems with it.

Dunlop 7007SI Ergo Lok Strap System, Pair