1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Straps OK Here On This Page?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, May 4, 2010.

1. I got a really nice looking one the other day at GC :: 100_6178.

It's a "Get'm Get'm" (odd name) and they are available at GC.

The prices on their Get'm Get'm site are kinda expensive, and I paid less than $35.00 for mine - so be careful. But they are pretty nice looking and made in USA.

Just though you'd like to know.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Nice! Very complementary with that black ABG.

3. Nice strap!! :hyper:

I really wanna get that John Lennon strap by Vox with the nickel sequins on black leather. The one he used on Ed Sullivan in 1964. Anyone have this one? I'd like to know how you guys like it. I think the only thing I hate about it besides the price is that it only goes to 53" in length.

4. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Nice strap. I used a Get'm Get'm for about a year and a half before something on the inside fo the strap went bad and it started secreeting goo. No amount of washing would save it.

5. Thanks for the heads-up!

First sign of goo and I start yelling!

6. DeaconK

DeaconK

Nov 17, 2006
    I have the gold "plated" python one that he used. I've had it for at least 40 years. I don't know where I got it, but it's followed me around forever.

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Joe, is that the 2" or 3" model? I'm wondering how comfortable it would be with a 9 pound solid body bass. I use Comfort Strapps, which are very comfortable. Yours looks like it might have a bit of "give" to it, which would probably make it fairly comfortable. Probably not "Comfort Strapp comfortable" though.

I love the look of that one though! Maybe I'll get one for my Strat or Tele...

8. THANKS DEACONK. Now I really wanna buy it!!

9. That's a 2"-er, but let me look at their site again.

Here is the 2-incher::: http://getmgetm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=23011&Category_Code=001_gs

Here is the 3-incher ::: http://getmgetm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=23211&Category_Code=world_s9

10. Nice- I need a coupla good straps that seem to fall right in w/these guys. Thanks, SurferJoe. Is your username a ref to the Ventures(or was that the Surfaris)tune?

11. I surfed every day before school (Huntington Beach, '64) and played in a few different surf bands in Newport Beach and Huntington/Seal Beach in the early 1960s.

But, yeah - the Ventures were a mile-marker to me too. I had a Venture's Model Mosrite that I loved dearly and it got burned up in a car accident where I lost a friend and bass player. I wasn't in the car at the time, but my Mosrites were and my Fender Reverb cab. It was also my car! Hey - I forgot about that.

Surfer Joe was a Surfari's song first.

12. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I use a Moody. One of the most lush straps you will find, with a price to match.

Recently had the chance to check out the mono straps. they are really nice too.