1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Straps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BlizzardBass, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Everyone has one, why not show it off. I would think each one is as unique as the player who uses it.

I've had my Levy for over five years now and I'll never need another one.

2009_0116picsGlens0022.

2. No pics Im afraid but I swear by my Levys PM32. Black padded leather. Looks brill with my all black Stingray.

3. Sorry for the lame thread folks. I tried to hard I guess.

4. bassdudepat

bassdudepat Bringer of the Brown Note Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    It's not lame bliz, it's kinda cool.. I'm just thinking that no one probably keeps pics of their straps around to upload.. I'll put one up in a little bit so you won't feel all alone! :D

5. Thanks for the support Dude

6. bassdudepat

Mar 31, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Here ya go! Another Levy.

IMG_0335.

7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I've been using a comfort strap even though I spent big bucks on a custom strap from the LA Bass Exchange when it was open. (LA Bas sexchange?)

Dan K.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    not very unique... but I have a pair of Italia straps on my 2 main basses. I need to get another one for my other bass.

straps-2006-07.

Black Suede and Crema Leather... both 4"

9. zippydog

zippydog

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    +1! Great straps - love mine!!

10. Each of my basses has its own strap, most of which are Levy's. I looked through my pics and the only ones I found with straps are "workbench" pictures and not very good, but here are a few of them anyway.

My '03 MIA Inca Silver Standard:

'08 MIM Standard:
    08MIM.

'94 Cowpoke (Fender Precision Special):
    cowpoke-complete.

Not the best pics, but....

11. Shy Guy

Shy Guy

Sep 23, 2008
    Templeton, MA
    I swear by Moody straps, makes my 11 lbs 'wick light as a feather.

12. Magical_Merlin

Magical_Merlin

Nov 2, 2008
    Kent, WA
    I dont have a Moody, but after watching their PR videos, im going to buy one as soon as I can. Allison Suter the owner and daughter of Col Richard "Moody" Suter is freakin hot! You should check out her story on her website.

13. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    [​IMG]
    I like mine

14. Here's a couple of mine that I already have pics of.

This is a custom made strap- I had it modeled to resemble Peter Green's strap when he was in the Fleetwood Mac-

normal_strap1.

This is an old M-60 machine gun sling- I used to use it as a mortar carrying tube- It sort of came undone and I just had it stashed away for 15 years or so- I had it sewn up and had leather ends sewn on, used the swivel buckels to make it adjustable. It's OK, but I could've done a better job at it-

normal_strap2.

Either the first strap or this old REALLY soft leather strap are my favorites for playing bass. My favorite guitar strap is either that first strap or one of the 50s style 'pad on a thin strip of leather' straps.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    James, if it hasn't been said enough, that bass on the right (Bee, right?) is just ridiculously awesome.

Oh, and I use plain ole "comfort straps"...nothing to really report...but one does have a cool little rhino pin onnit...

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Thanks! Yes the one on the right is my Bee

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Here the only pics I have, some are now gone. I've just the TB Moody, The Levy and the LM.

Attached Files:

18. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    i use dunlop dd

19. bassdudepat

Mar 31, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Well There you go Blizzard, Looks like it caught on pretty good! lol
    :hyper:

20. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Okay, I admit it....I know virtually nothing about straps but I like what I see here. For reasons too bizarre to explain, I need to replace two straps. I treat each bass as if it weighs a ton (none do!).

I'm on the lookout for a 4-5" leather strap with some degree of padding. If each of you could suggest a single offering (and on-line source), I'd be most appreciative. As previously mentioned, the model pic'd above really caught my eye.

Thanks

Riis