Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

straps?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Jul 19, 2002.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Who makes the best straps? I'm looking for one with some padding and one that expands a lot so I can low strap easily. It also needs to be tough enough to survive active stage shows. Any ideas talkbassers? Thanks.

2. Being in K-Town, dude, go to Guitar Center, they've got a huge rack of straps...The one's I suggest are Levy's Leathers, the polyester straps are tough as nails....And will expand lower than I needed them to....

3. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, I've looked there some but they have all this cheesy stuff from camo straps to ones that look like feather boas, haha. I'll check them out the Levy ones. Thanks.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll side with the Doc on this one: I've had my two Comfort Strapps for about 6-7 years now, they're durable, and easily the most comfortable and supportive strap I've found. I also know where you can get a pretty good deal on one! ;)

(Click on the link in my sig....:D)

5. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Sweet, I'll check out BassCentral. Thanks.

6. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Comfort Strapps do not go nearly low enough. I wear my strap at like 60" and these don't come close.

You should get a Planet Waves 3" bass strap. They have a sliding pad and they let you wear your bass as low as you want to.