Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Straps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rush1988, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Rush1988

Rush1988 Guest

May 12, 2002
    USA, GA, Atlanta
    What would you say is the brand that makes the longest straps?

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, it has to be. ive tried alot of them, even those silly fancypants padded ones. their ok if your old or have a bad neck or back or whatever. but i always kept coming back because their just,,,, a strap. good ones. cheap ones.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ernie Ball. Definitely. Made with Nu-Metal Knee-Boxers in mind.

I actually use them, because I'm bigger, and quite a few straps fall about an inch to short of my favorite position.

4. In fact the strap i'm gonna put on this thread is so long it goes to Misc.... :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

5. My leather levi one gets pretty long, but I wear my bass up over my chest, so I don't have to worry about that do I? :cool:

6. Jodi Head. They're made in East Village New York. Mine has skull and crossbones on it, too. And it'll take me awhile to break the hole in. Once it dies though I'll check out an Ernie Ball. Ernie Balls probably are better because you can get them anywhere. The Jodi Head ones are mainly in NYC, I think.

7. neah....

i'm always cutting new holes into my straps to make them shorter, and yer wanting long straps! ahhh!!!
    peace & plaid
    -SHoonk

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Dump the strap and superglue the bass to your thigh before the first set. :p

9. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Ernie Ball makes the longest straps. They are so tough, you could even sail with them. Buy one now or feel my wrath.

10. nedthegnome

nedthegnome

Aug 5, 2002
    Wakefield
    Ernie Ball definatley makes the longest strap. I wear mine when I'm trying to be "cool" and play Blink-182. Nah. I'm kidding. I never wear it lower than my waist. Otherwise I feel stupid. But it's stinky because I'm a girl and certain, shall we say "bumps" get in the way, so I can't wear is to high.:D

11. I have a jodi head strap too, very high quality goods. And...

1. You can order them over their website.

2. They kick the crap out of Ernie Ball straps.

3. Your Jodi Head wont be wearing out any time soon hehe. I have a friend that's had one for years upon years.

:D

12. Ernie Balls go over 6 feet in length I believe. They are great straps. Get one. Now. :D

13. I've got a strap made by Aalien Straps that's about 8 feet long... I've had it for probably 10 years now so I don't if you can still get 'em.

With the upward migration a bass makes with age, I use it nearly as short as it goes and it still hangs pretty low... :p