1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Streamer differences

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    I was just wondering if any warwick buffs could give me a quick run down of the tonal differences between the streamer models?

Also does anyone know which models Dirk Lance and Stuart Zender use/used?

Thanks

2. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    dirk uses a streamer stage II

3. JackWhite

JackWhite

Apr 2, 2007
    Vienna
    stu zender used a streamer stage II

4. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    is the $$ model even better than both of them?

5. Don't think I've seen him with a standard Stage II though, only with a couple of custom ones. Also, early on in his carreer, and when recording Emergency on Planet Earth, he used an off the shelf Stage I.

6. In my experience,* the Stage I is both a bit brighter and bassier sounding than the Stage II. The Stage II has a tighter, more focused and controlled sound. Of the two, I'd say that the Stage I is the more versatile and traditional sounding. In conclusion, both are nice, but have quite different personalities, and feels.

*my comparison is mainly based on experience with a late eighties/early nineties Stage II that I had the pleasure of playing a few shows with, a long, long time ago, and my own '91 Stage I that I've had since '93.