Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streamer Jazzman, a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 21, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    found this bass:

[​IMG]

used but in good condition on sale for 800 €, that's quite the same as 800$.
    is this a good deal?

European guys, what do you think?

thanks!!

2. If it's really in good condition, I'd say that's a fair price.

3. ingmar

ingmar

Oct 14, 2002
    Normandy, France
    Yes, a good deal considering €1500+ new. I paid around €1700 for the exact same model in 5-string in Paris/France. Traded it after just over a year, didn't like the pickup setup nor the electronics.

Try it out on an amp with treble output, and if you like it, buy it

4. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    with treble output??????? what's a treble output?

5. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    thats a very cool bass and a cheep price even when used

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Sounds pretty fair to me... try to go as low as you can get him to.. but if he can't... i still think its a great price

DM

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'll try to offer a change with my MIA stratocaster which i don't use that much....

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    MIA Strat? damn.... hope u don't miss it :(

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i bought the strat used as new for 600Euros. i have another guitar which i like a lot more than the strat with P90 pickups made here in italy. so i don't think i'll miss the strat...

thanks for the advice.

10. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Yes i totally agree, this is a bass you either hate or love. Sometimes i have a problem with the treble, and it makes alot of noise if turned up too much. I got mine for $1100 second hand but very new, It aslo has the old basslines pre-amp. I think that price for a 4string is good. But you MUST try before you buy.

11. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i understand the love-hate thing with some basses like the rickenbacker that are old school and with a really distinctive sound, but i am not able to link this love hate aspect with modern engineered basses with pickups and electronics that could be really versatile as this warwick streamer.

in particular, which are tha things "to" hate of the streamer jazzman? i have heard that the bass is really versatile. i own a superversatile bass in the person of a wonderful GL L2000 so i am not afraid if the Streamer jazzman is one tricky pony...

could you please be more clear about the lowdowns of this model? thanks a lot!!

12. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    I will have to say that the only major problem is this HISS noise problem. those i've spoken to that have a jazzman, have the same problem... some have more/less than others. i don't know what amps inject this problem, i know that mine does though.

and my jazzman uses the basslines pre-amp which i dont know if its the cause for this hiss, maybe the new mec pre-amps reduce this.

so thats why i said try it out on your amp setup.