1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Streamer LX Jazzman Fret buzz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duffalluff, Mar 22, 2013.

1. I recently bought a used Warwick Jazzman 4 string. After getting it out of the box and set up I found that it had horrible fret buzz from the third fret all the way up the neck on all the strings, so I gave the neck a little more relief, raised the action, intonated, and started playing.... still really bad fret buzz.
    Everything looked like it was in good order, so I examined the neck a little bit more and it seems that the base of the neck(where it bolts on to the body) is a bit thicker than the neck just an 1.5" farther up making the last couple frets slightly higher and causing the buzz, I guess that's my theory(however dumb it is)
    I would like to hear from anyone that has had this problem or might have some input.
    Thanks and i'll have some pics up soon

2. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    I've found neck hump to be quite a common problem these days. That area of the neck is under the most stress from string tension and humps do appear. Strange as Warwick openly acknowledge this issue and insert iron bars up there to stop it happening. Recommend taking it to a luthier who may be able to do something with it - either fret dressing or worse case scenario - removing frets, planing the wood and refretting.