streamer pro m 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by herrera, Oct 25, 2002.

1. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    opinions on this bass i found one near my store in 700 dollars ?

so ? anybody?

i mean in long term

have any one have one of this for a long term?
  2. Herrera,

That's an awesome deal!

Tell me where the store is and I will buy the Streamer if you don't!
  3. I bought my Warwick Streamer Pro M 4 new in 1997 for $1,500 (Was $1,799 list).

It's been my main bass ever since.

I'll NEVER sell it. It cannot be replaced.

It's not for everybody. Most people don't even know what to do with so many tone options.

Some History...

The Warwick Pro M was only manufactured for 4 years and was discontined in Y2K. The first 2 years featured Wenge Necks, Inset Strap Locks, and the Brass "Just-A-Nut." Also as a introductory option Warwick made a very highly flamed AAAA version available. During the last 2 years of the Pro M's manufacture Warwick coverted over to Ovankol Necks, Strap Buttons, and the Plastic or Graphite Nut.

The the Pro M is perhaps one of the shortest production runs of a non-custom/standard Warwick bass in recent time.

Bass Player Magazine 4/97 said:

Sound - 5

"Funk Approved Tone"

"The Streamer's single pick-up leaves plenty of room to slap and pop."

"The overall playability of this axe is very good..."

"...The Streamer ProM has a tone that's tailored to be heard in funk or heavy-rock gigs. It also offers way more versatility than your average single-pickup axe."

"And you've got to love that price!" (at 1997 list of $1,799)

The Pro M melts in your lap. Its body is made of two pieces of flame maple with exceptional grain patterns. An oil finish adds a warm feel to the nicely carved contours. The body is also slightly curved on the rear to accommodate players with bigger bellies, and a downward-pointing horn wraps around your leg to help balance the bass when sitting. And with a total weight of less than eight pounds, the Pro M goes easy on bassists with back problems.

Warwick uses wenge for its necks; the Pro M is made of three pieces, with one quatersawn strip in the center and two flatsawn pieces on the shoulders. The method provides better stability and guards against neck twisting. Wenge is a very open-grained wood and is much stiffer than traditional maple, so it can offer faster attack, longer sustain, and tighter lows.

The neck joint on our test bass was super tight; even a .005 feeler gauge wouldn’t slip along either side of the neck.

A single MEC dual-J pickup sits 30” from the nut (a'la Music Man StingRay). The Pro m features a dual-coil design with a built-in dummy coil in the center to filter out hum when a single coil is selected. The coils are placed only about an inch apart, but surprisingly, there are a lot of tones available when blending between the two coils with the EQ set flat. As in the Warwick MasterMan, each coil has dedicated bass and treble controls; tweaking this EQ provides further sound options, with the ability to add warm, rich low end and modern biting top to either coil.

Each coil has it's own bass/treble active eq.

3 Concentric pots: volume/blend, Neck coil concentric bass'treble, and Bridge coil concentric bass/treble.

Streamer Review: (pre 1998 construction "updates" & revisions)

Are Warwick the best mainstream bass manufacturer in the world? On this evidence, it stands a chance The number of different variations of Warwick basses are exceeded only by the ever-expanding list of endorsees. In reality, it's not too difficult to see why. The whole range of W-basses has always looked attractive, perhaps more so now that Warwick's predilection for natural finishes has given way to an impressive colour range. Perhaps we have a range of modern-day classics on our hands. Here is one example from their developing Streamer range featuring a bolt-on neck, gold fittings and the distinctive curved bodies of their player-friendly ergonomic designs. The bolt-on Streamer. What a tasty bass this is; a good visual balance, with a gloriously sensual combination of red stain body and (new) high gloss finish, setting off the gold fittings perfectly! The Streamer Pro M's MECs are using the two-into-one beefy pick-up configuration; a Dual J pick-p with individual 2 band preamps for each coil providing a comprehensive range of tonal control. With pick-ups positioned in reverse polarity, the Pro has a voice far removed from any other single pick-up bass. It's just different. Warmer, tighter tones that can get dangerously funky abound and if you like your bass sound to 'bubble' this is a the instrument for you. Thanks to the reversed polarity, locating the panning control in the centre position provides an effective hum-cancelling attribute which can be a huge asset in 'close proximity' RF situations. Although the basic control functions are the same as the LX4 with Treble and Bass on the stack knob, the internal Pro M circuitry also puts an imprint on the sound which adds to the differences between these two basses. Size is the same for both instruments and the balance is perfect. The profile of the neck again provides great comfort for the left hand. The Bass features brass nuts with Warwick's unique adjustable string-height feature. Fully removable straplocks are fitted as standard throughout the entire range, and the 'easy open' control cavity makes for effortless battery changing when necessary, proving once again that good design always wins through.The bridge and separate string anchor are both deep-set into the body, which allows for bulky, robust components without being visually dominating: in other words, an effective combination. Neat as it looks, the bridge still offers full adjustment in intonation, height and spacing and the anchor block with its engraved 'W' is a personal favourite. The choice of wenge for the laminated neck and separate fretboard is very characteristic of Warwick's ever-distinctive features; it's an open-grain African hardwood, and not to everyone's taste, but the profiling on this particular instrument is quite superb, giving it a great playability and making this a particularly appealing instrument.The Streamer PRO M bass, with its more traditional matt finish, offers a subtle presentation in comparison with the LX4, yet still gives off that unmistakeable aura of quality.
    The Streamer, in all its guises, is an extremely popular bass range and playing these beauties will soon tell you why. It's all there: looks, feel, sounds, and the name. Incidentally, these instruments are made in what was East Germany, so this really is a welcome example of a success story following Deutschland reunification. The Warwick bass range as a whole has become equally comprehensive so if these particular examples don't whet your appetite, there's sure to be something in the range that does.
  4. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    Donne Demarest
    thank you for the reply

the streamer is in new kindon (yea i sucks...) the 2 are on ebay (there are 2:eek: )

so chek them out