Streamer Stage 2, 5 or 4 strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tonedef, Feb 12, 2002.

1. tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
    Ok, when the time comes for me to buy my Streamer stage 2, i not sure if i should go with a 5 string, or play it safe and stick with 4. Its gona cost me alot of money so i dont want to get a 4 string and then feel like a should have went with the 5.

Any suggestions?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well a 2 string would be pretty unique - I would go for that - nobody else will have one!! ;)
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

After 20 years of playing four strings I was nervous about getting my first fiver, but three months later I was gigging on 5 and haven't looked back. For me, 4 strings are too few, 6+ is too many, and 5 is "just right".

Sounds like you truly want to play 5. Because you have the desire, I am confident that you will be able to adjust to 5 just fine... after the necessary adjustment period, which could take months. But there's no guarantee. Note that my first fiver was a Fender Roscoe Beck that I got used for less than $700, so my financial risk was not as significant as yours. Whatever you do, good luck.
  4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    It's all on what YOU want. I have a Zon Sonus 5 Special.. but I love playing 4 strings a lot more.. I guess it comes in style of music you play, style of HOW you play and so forth. But hey, it doesn't hurt to add another string (Right JT? :D)
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or 5 in the case of Bill Dickens...