1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Streamer Stage 2, 5 or 4 strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tonedef, Feb 12, 2002.

1. tonedef

tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
    Ok, when the time comes for me to buy my Streamer stage 2, i not sure if i should go with a 5 string, or play it safe and stick with 4. Its gona cost me alot of money so i dont want to get a 4 string and then feel like a should have went with the 5.

Any suggestions?

thanks
    http://www.starla.4t.com

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well a 2 string would be pretty unique - I would go for that - nobody else will have one!! ;)

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

After 20 years of playing four strings I was nervous about getting my first fiver, but three months later I was gigging on 5 and haven't looked back. For me, 4 strings are too few, 6+ is too many, and 5 is "just right".

Sounds like you truly want to play 5. Because you have the desire, I am confident that you will be able to adjust to 5 just fine... after the necessary adjustment period, which could take months. But there's no guarantee. Note that my first fiver was a Fender Roscoe Beck that I got used for less than $700, so my financial risk was not as significant as yours. Whatever you do, good luck.

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    It's all on what YOU want. I have a Zon Sonus 5 Special.. but I love playing 4 strings a lot more.. I guess it comes in style of music you play, style of HOW you play and so forth. But hey, it doesn't hurt to add another string (Right JT? :D)

5. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or 5 in the case of Bill Dickens...