Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streamer stage 2 vs. Spector Ns-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fret-less Six, Sep 27, 2004.

Which do you like, Streamer, or spector?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2004.
  1. Warwick Streamer stage 2

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Spector american neck through ns-4

24 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Which do you guys prefer? Remember both of the basses have similar options...the woods are different, as well as the electronics so thats a big factor, they are also similarly priced 3000 for the warwick, and about 3500 for the spector neck-through american series.

2. You guys can post opinions as well too ya know!!!!!

3. I just like the Spector "vibe" a lot more, to me Warwicks seem overrated sometimes, just my opinion...

4. Two basses that look very similar.

But sound like day and night.

5. Both very nice basses. I have a thing for wenge, so I lean towards the Warwick, but I'd love to have a Spector too...

Mike

6. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Definitely the Spector.

The Warwick's are great but there is just a little extra something about the quality and care put into US Spectors.... ;)

Add to this that the Spector is the 'original' (not a copy) and it's tone RULES.... and you are onto a winner!! :bassist:

7. BlasphemyArise

BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    I prefer a spector over a warwick. the vibe and sound is much more appealing. Spector put sso much more effort into ther basses than warwick does IMO :)

8. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    +1 on that. Really both are great basses, you just need to figure out which one does it for you. Although I haven't compared those two particular basses, I own a Warwick Streamer and have tried out many Spectors. Each had it's own personality and had a lot of good qualities. The one thing that stands out is overall weight. The Spector that I tried out seemed to be very light compared to the Warwicks I've played.

9. I'm a Warwick guy myself, so my vote goes to the Stage II.

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    The Stage II is my dream bass!!!

11. klem

klem

Mar 14, 2004
    Germany/Duisburg
    Both are great basses! I love to play my 1984 Streamer designed by Spector and i want an NS to get the difference.