Streamer stage 2 vs. Spector Ns-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fret-less Six, Sep 27, 2004.

Which do you like, Streamer, or spector?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2004.
  1. Warwick Streamer stage 2

31 vote(s)
  2. Spector american neck through ns-4

24 vote(s)
  1. Which do you guys prefer? Remember both of the basses have similar options...the woods are different, as well as the electronics so thats a big factor, they are also similarly priced 3000 for the warwick, and about 3500 for the spector neck-through american series.
  2. You guys can post opinions as well too ya know!!!!!
  3. I just like the Spector "vibe" a lot more, to me Warwicks seem overrated sometimes, just my opinion...
  4. Two basses that look very similar.

But sound like day and night.
  5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Both very nice basses. I have a thing for wenge, so I lean towards the Warwick, but I'd love to have a Spector too...

6. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Definitely the Spector.

The Warwick's are great but there is just a little extra something about the quality and care put into US Spectors.... ;)

Add to this that the Spector is the 'original' (not a copy) and it's tone RULES.... and you are onto a winner!! :bassist:
  7. BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    I prefer a spector over a warwick. the vibe and sound is much more appealing. Spector put sso much more effort into ther basses than warwick does IMO :)
  8. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    +1 on that. Really both are great basses, you just need to figure out which one does it for you. Although I haven't compared those two particular basses, I own a Warwick Streamer and have tried out many Spectors. Each had it's own personality and had a lot of good qualities. The one thing that stands out is overall weight. The Spector that I tried out seemed to be very light compared to the Warwicks I've played.
  9. I'm a Warwick guy myself, so my vote goes to the Stage II.
  10. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    The Stage II is my dream bass!!!
  11. klem

Mar 14, 2004
    Both are great basses! I love to play my 1984 Streamer designed by Spector and i want an NS to get the difference.