Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streamer Stage 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r2k, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Hey, thought about bying this bass, but I don't dig the gold hardware. Is it possible to switch it with black hardware (like the Thumb bass)?

And what pick-ups would you suggest (I don't like the MECs)?

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    If you don't like the hardware or the pickups, why buy it?
    Doc

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    r2k: If you want black hardware and different p'ups, shoot me an email, and I'll get you the parts if you decide to buy it.

4. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    I guess you could get the black hardware from Warwick. It's the cheaper Zama alloy one, though, but since I guess your Stage II is a newer one, the bridge would be just the same.
    I know a guy who wanted to sell his '88 Stage II, with the original brass hardware and EMGs...

5. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    How much are you looking at for the bass? Ive been wanting to buy it, but its always too far out of pocket :\

6. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Well, the seller wanted about $1,500.00... but the bass was in very good conditions.

7. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Thats very cheap for that bass. Factory direct is 1200, but retail is 2700-3500.

Hmm, whats so bad about the pickups? And hardware is all material, so meh.

8. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe

That bass have EMGs and brass hardware... I've owned an '89 Stage II and it did sound great... it had the widest spectrum array I've heard from a bass.

9. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Wish I wasnt a cheap **** :\