streamer stage I or a steamer stage II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jan 7, 2004.

which would u pick

Poll closed Jan 14, 2004.
  1. Streamer stage I

1 vote(s)
  2. Streamer stage II

6 vote(s)
  1. Hiya i would like ure opinion on two basses.The Warwick streamer stage I and the warwick streamer stage II.Im lookin for a high level Warwick bass and i finaly got it down to the streamer stage 1 and stage 2.which one would you choose in a 5 string version.all opinions greatly appreciated

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Best advice would be to play them both. They are very different animals.

The SSI is very heavy, almost all maple, and has a huge, wide neck. It is more of a Spector than a Warwick, and has that biting high end tone that Spectors are known for. The only thing that is not reminiscent of a Spector is that nice, wide string spacing. If you like wide spacing on a neck through bass, this is the one for you.

The SSII, while no lightweight, is not as heavy as the SSI, at least the ones that I have played aren't. It uses more Warwick like woods, dark in look and darker in tonality than maple. If you want that signature Warwick growl, the SSII will get you there, the SSI IME will not. The SSII has a narrower neck and narrower string spacing than the SSI. It also has those cool yin yang inlays.
  3. Thanks soo much for the reply i havnt had the chance to play on either basses because i live in wales in the uk and its not that good for music shops. My local has some warwicks in.I would love to even play one of those basses. I own a streamer standard and a corvette standard and i love warwick basses.I feel that a higher level streamer would be similar to a streamer standard in body shape.But should i pay the extra and get a stage 1 or should i go for the stage 2
  4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I would have to agree 100% with what embellisher said about the comparison. The Stage I is very non-Warwick sounding. Very bright and bighting, and defintley not my type of sound. I have owned 2 Stage II's now, and I can safely say that these basses are the flagship of the Warwick line. You can't go wrong with one IMO. I would recommend buying a used one though. I think they are a great value used, but new, I think they are a bit overpriced. Just my .02.
  5. Thanks for the replies ill look into the stage 2. But last night i saw this stage 1 5string on ebay and it made me want one of those but i am still undecided on which one to get.I realy gota try one out.thanks for the replies.

6. dannyb87

dannyb87 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I have a stage 1. And the quality smokes any of the others. A guy named trea was blown away with my fiver and started playing one. It's been waricks flagship model for ever. Mines a 2000 year with bartolini soaps and pre. Don't settle for second bests.aggressive fat sound. Can be warm if approached the right way and you can make it sound like fretted with right attack. ..: Unless you really have small hands. I like the wider neck as you can really dig into the bass and you have the string spacing needed to really be aggressive. That's my story and sticking to it.
  7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Do you like wide spacing or narrow spacing for 5 strings? Most people have a strong preference one way or another...