Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streamer Stage II...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Knavery, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    For those that play the Warwick Streamer Stage II, I was wondering how it differes from a Thumb NT. I am in the market for a 5-string, and may have found a good deal on a 5r in excellent condition. At least I think 1700 is a good deal. What do you Warwick experts think?

2. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Brand new with the Warwick case, gig bag, wax, tools, etc. was $2300OTD for the 5, and $150 less for the 4. Depending on the condition, I'd say $1700 is a VERY fair price. The Thumb's lows are thunderous, very boomy, while the Streamer has better mids. The Thumb's mids have to be cranked to hear them as well, but the aggressive attack in the Thumb is harder to get with the Streamer. Because I love the tone of each so much, I couldn't decide either. That's why I bought both:) Good luck!

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I actually have the exact opposite feelings about this comparison considerring I owned both at the same time.

The Thumb had a lot of mids and had an agressive tone. The Stage II was a more balanced bass tonally and had a less agressive tone. If I were to do it again, I'd prefere to get the Thumb, but with wider string spacing.

In terms of price, I wouldn't pay any more than $1600 for a used Stage II. They seem to sit at $1600 used with the Ovangkol necks.

4. It would make more sense that the thumb would have more mids and growl based on the pickup placement.....leading me to believe that the streamer wouldbe the bassier and have more of a versatile tone

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    WTH is it cheaper in the USA than in Europe???

6. Bass... Central... :D

-ryan

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    A demo model is not the same as a new one so DO NOT TRY MAKE ME HATE EUROPE EVEN MORE! :D

BTW im interested in some of their gear but cant contact them can u help me????

8. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    A friend at my local GC sells me everything at cost..... :bag:

9. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    True, the Thumb does have more growl and attack, but it has very strong highs and lows. The mids just aren't as present as they are in the Streamer. I play them both regularly, and I always have to boost the low/high mid somewhat when I go from the Streamer to the Thumb.....