1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Streamer Standard Revisited

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by SecretCityGuy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ok, I have determined that if I am going to keep this bass, the MEC HB pup that is in this bass is going to have to come out.. I don't like it! I love the way bass feels as to it's playability. But the sound I am not all that trilled about. So, I have looked at pups and have figured that I will have to have a luther put a new or the new pup/s in the bass. To me me this would be the bass will have to be repainted. The problem is, if I have the bass repainted, I don't like chrome hardware on a white bass, what bridge can replace the bridge that came on the Streamer Standard? In Black.

2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

All that stuff can be done relatively easily besides painting. It just seems like you want to change almost everything about the bass....sup wit dat?

3. Read it again.

4. What pickups will you replace it with? Barts? Cause those are the only pickups that fit the size. If I were you, I'd keep the MEC pickups. Sure they aren't very high output, but they're okay. The Barts will you give you a little more high end and clarity but that's about it. Also, why paint the bass?

5. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    I think what the OP is getting at is that if he switches out the pickups, there's going to be routing and filling going on (I'm assuming he's not getting pickups that will just drop in), which will necessitate a refinish of the body so it doesn't look hacked apart.

Would switching a preamp make a difference instead, before going the pickups route?

6. This+