Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streaming Audio of New Recording...

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by JazznFunk, Nov 24, 2004.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Hey fellow TB'ers...

I finally have a place set up to stream three tunes off my new CD that was done back in September, and wanted to let my fellow DB bretheren here know about it. It's a duo recording with Bill Gerhardt (formerly of Brooklyn) and myself, playing my original tunes.

Listen, (hopefully) enjoy, and feel free to send feedback.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanwhiteduo

-Bryan

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Tried this from my home computer (dialup) and couldn't get through. I'll try at school sometime later this week.

Just so you don't think no-one's interested...

3. JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist

Thanks Chris! Yeah, dialup would stink for trying to check out that stream. Broadband will work much better.

4. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Bryan it sounds good man. I really like that you are an equal partner in the duo setting, as opposed to being just an accompanist.

I really like the freedom and space used, what you don't play is just as important as what you do play theory.

Are you using Obligatos??? (yep, just read your profile)

Your sound reminds me of a few Richard Davis recordings in the 60's. Nice low end, but also a good amount of string noise incorporated as well.

Thanks for sharing.

5. JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah, it's hard to play with Bill and *not* get pulled way in to the tunes. He's really big on it being an equal thing too. He also wanted to give me equal space since they were my tunes too. He's definitely been one of my most supportive mentors over the past couple of years. With his resume, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to play with him.

Yeah, that recording was with Oblis, but I've since switched to Kolstein Heritage strings. I've not recorded with them yet, but the bass sounds pretty much the same, if not a bit louder.

Thanks again!

6. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I also really enjoyed your sound; your bass sound and duo sound. The two of you get a really big sound together, especially on the first tune. Choice of registers is really good and sounds really cohesive. Very nice.