1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Streamliner 600 settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4Mal, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Going to try one out as the stage rig for my surfabilly band. 2x15 cab using 3015's. Generally I play P basses or my piezo Barker in that outfit. Any settings to share ?

TIA, Mal

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Definitely check out the Streamliner 600/900 Tone Primer thread.

With my P and a pair of 15's, I've been running:
    Gain Button: In
    Gain: 12:30
    Volume: 12:30
    Bass: 8:30
    Mids: 10:00
    Mid Freq: 220K
    Treble: 2:00
    Master: To taste

I find using the gain button pushed in that I'm getting much better clarity than before. I'm not getting an breakup or OD, unless I pluck really hard. Also, backing down the mids and bumping up the treble has helped.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Perfect. Just looking for a place to start.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    A little bit goes a long way, especially the bass control. A lot run it no higher than 10:00 IIRC, most are even lower.

The usual "put everything at noon" isn't the best advice for this amp IMO.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I did a gig last night with a Streamliner 600 thru a Mesa PH215, playing an American Standard Jazz, pups in series... I ran everything at noon, except the Bass and Mid, which were at 1 o'clock - Gain button "Out". Mid @ 600... It had just a little grind, and plenty of thump - the DI sounded really good, too...

- georgestrings

6. sratas

sratas

Dec 15, 2007
    Parma, Italy
    as a long-term streamliner user, let me tell you some advices:

- don't trust knobs position, twist those knobs towards their limits, if necessary, to find your tone
    - if you need to subtract "boominess" a smart move is to cut at 220 Hz, and don't be afraid of lowering the control
    - you if you need a fat cutting tone, try to boost at 600
    - of you need clarity in the mids, boost at 2500.

Some of my favorite settings:
    1) for "modern" clarity, transparency: bass 9, mids 8:30-9 at 220 Hz, highs at 10-11, gain a point before audible tube clipping
    2) for clear, cutting trough the mix tone with gorgeous burpy midrange: bass 9-10, mids 2-3 o'clock at 2500, bass 10.30-11, gain so that a little warm up happens without bare distortion, neck PU and rock!