Streamliner 900 vs Magellan 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mam1862, Oct 28, 2016.

1. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    Looking to see what some of you that have owned or own both of these amps feel and how they compare with each other?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

noeinstein likes this.
  2. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I'd like more info about how these two amps compare, too.

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    I owned my STM-900 for over 3 years. I liked it alot, but it seemed a bit limited. That's when I bought my MG800 6 months ago, and sold my STM-900. The MG800 can do what the STM-900 could do, and MORE. With 2 channels, you have more flexibility, even without the Tube Pre.

4. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you, John. Also just received a quick, courteous and informative response from Mr. G himself! Going to sit on this today, but I think my decision is made.

5. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I find the Magellan to be much easier to dial in a tone I'm looking for... also much more versatile

Sav'nBass and noeinstein like this.
  6. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I still own both.

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    The Genzler is sort of a hybrid between the Shuttle and Streamliner IMO. The Contour A and B sort of goes between them, and the OD channel has a lot in common with the Streamliner.

As mentioned, it does pretty much what the Streamliner does but it's much easier to dial in. It's not fussy with cabs and although it's able to be dialed in, it doesn't inherently have massive/muddy low end.

It can also do a lot of what the Shuttle can do.

Very cool amp!