Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Streetprice of a Warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kruton, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I am looking into purchasing a Warwick USED.About How much would the average passive 4 string corvette be? While Im at it, I have come to the conclusion that most warwicks are used for metal and hard rock. Are there any of you guys who use them for Jazz, blues, or funk? Thanks

2. How old? Dead set on Corvettes? I got a Fortress 1 for $700.
    (Plus the 2 cents I just put in here...)

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Warwicks are great for funk.

I used corvette passive can be had for $500-800 on the ebay.

4. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I bought a 1997 Corvette Standard (active) with hardshell case from a TalkBass member for $700. Best damned $700 I've spent. Bass has the brass nut and wenge neck.

And my playing runs the gamut. Jazz, funk, fusion, R&B/soul, rock, pop, metal, touches of reggae... I can do anything with my Corvette. Though, I use SIT Silencers strings so the treble is muted and the tone is fatter than, say, with Ernie Ball Slinkys. The slap tone is pretty wicked.

In short, I can use my Corvette in most any musical context and it will sound good.

5. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Thanks for your input guys. Im really gettin that gas. So that brings me to my next question. Have any of you ever dealt with Musicians friends return service?

6. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Also, how long does it take to transition from dotted frets to un marked frets?

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    There are still dots on the side, so for me .000001 seconds.

8. +1 I never realized how little I looked at the dots on the fretboard in comparison to the ones on the side until I got my Warwick.

9. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Oh thats cool then. Thanks for telling me.

10. Well, much to my dismay, the cab I ordered through them came in good condition and works just fine, so unfortunately for me I didn't have to return it. Bummer! ;)

"Search" around, there's been some threads on "returns" problems. Don't remember if it was Musicians Friend or not...

11. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Bass Central.com was offering them NEW for about $850 six months ago.....call fo a good price
    I use mine for some jazz and country rock!!! I'm an old Fender man and love my stnd corvett!!!

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Nothing, but i have to look at three or four places almost at the same time when tapping.

13. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I called MF today and the guys set me up. Don't even have to pay return shipping, that made me really happy, so I think im pretty set on a warwick. Also thanks for recomending me that site, they have a used corvette 650. I might just jump on it. Might I also mention how much more mature and helpful this forum is than almost any other forum there is.

14. I payed $640 shipped for my 2000 Warwick Corvette Standard a few months ago on e-bay.

15. I paid $450 for a 2000 used fretless corvette from guitar center (no case)

16. €500 for a used passive Corvette Standard (1999 model).

17. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I would like to adress two more issues before I take the dive. One is do warwicks hold their value, and two is that I have heard having a corvette is just a cheap way of saying you own a warwick. Anyone have any opinion on this?

18. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Nah. The made-in-China Rockbass line= the cheap way of saying you own a Warwick.

The Corvettes themselves are fine basses regardless of price. In fact, many prefer the Corvette body shape's ergonomics to those of, say, the Thumb.

19. or those like me that prefer the sound of the vette to the thumb. price ain't nutting but a number (that is derived from production costs and demand), let ur ears and comfort of playing the bass let u decide what you want, not the price. All of warwick's products are quality from what i've seen.

20. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Alright, I cant wait for it.