1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strictly lifespan-wise: DR Hi-Beams vs Dunlop Super Brights Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ObeyDaRiffness, Aug 31, 2017.

1. ObeyDaRiffness

ObeyDaRiffness

Sep 25, 2016
    Title.

2. Orion1985

Orion1985 Supporting Member

May 4, 2010
    Grass Valley, CA
    In my experience there isn't a huge difference. My taste in tone has gradually changed over the past few years and the high end sparkle is less important to me. Back in the day, if I had my way I would have replaced my strings every week or two, but they were usually on for about a month, two at the most. Now I replace them at 3-4 months.

Hi-Beams were my go-to for a long time but I had to use the Dunlops when I couldn't get a set of the DRs and I've been using them since. It's completely anecdotal but, if you like strings that have broken in a little bit, my experience is that the Dunlops last a bit longer before they sound dead to me.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021