1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STRING CASE

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GODSBASSMAN, Jul 2, 2014.

1. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Is there such a thing as buying bass strings by the box, or case, or pallet ?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Contact Jason at www.bassstringsonline.com and I'm sure he can hook you up with whatever you need! Not sure about a pallet...but a box for sure :)

3. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    Was wondering if there was a manufacturer,s standard packaging for larger quantities. The strings are coiled individually in plastic or paper, which is the box in sets of 4,5,6 strings. Are then packaged in 10 sets of strings in a cardboard container. Is there standard packaging for larger orders. You can buy a can of....your fave drink or 6 pack or keg, etc. Get my drifting mind?

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Depending on the manufacturer bulk packaging is available. This can vary from 12 individual strings of same gauges to 144.

5. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    I would guess not too many players buy that many at one time though.

6. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    It really comes down to cost too. To the dealer, it may only be a difference of 2-4% when purchasing in "bulk packaging" depending on the brand. The down side is, strings not in a traditional pack are more expensive to ship, so we end up making the freight carrier rich.

Usually the only time strings are purchased this way is when they are for a shop that is restringing instruments constantly, and they are usually not "high end" strings that come like this if you will, although they are available.

Depending on the dealer you purchase from (I happen to know), they may be able to work out a package deal for you for larger quantities of strings ordered. Usually dealers are happy to work out something when a customer asks.