Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Charger

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by shackman, Nov 24, 2002.

1. i know a guy who uses the String Charger in a rock setting and i am truly jealous that he can get that loud as that is what i have been struggling with for a year now. i bought the fishman platinum bass preamp to work with my bp-100 but it still doesn't cut it with my rock band although i am diggin it in jazz combo and big band. my question is that i use Obligatos and am wondering if someone could fill me in on whether they would work with the string charger since they are synthetic materials. if you could give me any other praise or details on the string charger id appreciate it as well, but im pretty set on getting it when i get some money, i just wanna know if i am going to have to wait for the obligatos to die or if i can get it for christmas!
    thank you!

Mike
    www.spookyjohnson.com

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Ebola-gatos are metal wrapped. I don't think it would be a prob. Hit a note and hold your Slab up to it and see if it makes it through the amp.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    The Obligatos have too little metal content to satisfy magnetic pickups; they have a very uneven and hollow sound.

I've been compiling experiences with strings that do and don't work with magnetic pickups at the bottom of the page at http://www.urbbob.com/moses.html

Submissions are welcome.

4. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    Why don't you just play your slab in your "rock" band??