1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String ID - Green w/ Black

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by MostlyBass, Apr 5, 2015.

1. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    My Solano bass is in the shop and I have a loaner with these strings - green w/ black stripes.
    Anyone know what they are?

BTW - if anyone is looking for an instrument insurance provider, I highly recommend Clarion Insurance.

Thanks!
    MostlyBass / Peter Tambroni IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2864.JPG IMG_2866.JPG

2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Those are Evah Pirazzi bass strings by Pirastro. Great Hybrid strings. If you look at the nut end and see a little bit of pink on the windings (you wont have to look hard) then they are the Weich set. If no pink and just the solid colors (Green, blue, red, brown from E-G) then they're mediums

3. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Thank you for the quick reply! They do have the pink winding. They're a little stiff for my taste but part of that is definitely this bass. They do have a nice, resonant pizz sound.

4. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Yeah they would be Evah Weich. They feel loose and nice on my bass but maybe yours needs a setup

5. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    They're just on a loaner bass I have while mine is in the shop. I'm definitely impressed with their pizz sound.

6. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    I'd highly suggest trying them on your main bass.

7. MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    I'm intrigued. I've tried a lot of string and I've settled on Pirastro Flat Chromesteels or Obligatos.. Usually use the Chromesteels.

8. Sam Dingle

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Best hybrid strings IMO. I realized this today. This past week I've been able to (without any issues) play a trad jazz gig (some slap style), Basie big band style swing, contemporary jazz (like Ron carter stuff) and "classical" (eccles sonata and wind ensemble music). No complaints. Just got a gut D/G in the mail but might wait till the summer to put them on.