Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String ID help (couldn't find in a search)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JoeB, May 28, 2005.

1. JoeB

JoeB

Dec 19, 1999
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I'm borrowing a bass right now that has some great sounding roundwound strings. The owner (a guitar player who hardly plays bass) bought the bass with these strings on it. I tried using the TB search engine to confirm or deny what they are but nothing was conclusive. I'd love to find out what they are so I can buy a set for my own bass.

These strings have red silk at *both* ends and the ball ends are shiny silver in colour and have rounded edges.

They've got a bright sound with good fundamental tone, shiny top end and strong mids.

Anybody else have the same kind?

2. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    What do they feel like? Rough or smooth? Are they shiny or "grey"?

AFAIK, they could be rotos? :eyebrow:

3. JoeB

JoeB

Dec 19, 1999
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    When comparing them to the D'Addario's on my own bass, I would say they have a rougher feel with a similar shiny appearance.

4. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Well, rotosounds are shiny, rough and have red silked ends ;). Can't remember about the ball ends though :rolleyes:, i never see them, they are loaded inside my brigde :).

I suppose they could be rotos, i love those strings! To me, they have a very piano like sound with growly mids and a brilliant treble!