1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

string id please

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by spc, Jun 15, 2007.

1. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Hello

Stainless steel roundwound strings, red silk at both ends...

any idea? Could they be Ken Smith? (Pretty sure they're not Roto's, they have red silk at the tuner end...)

thanks much

shawn

2. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    Ken Smiths are Purple , Red on the ends are probally sometign in the GHS family, I know blue Steels are a light blue wrap, Smiths are Purple, I think GHS Boomers are red

3. rsautrey

rsautrey Inactive

Jul 27, 2000
    Rotosound Swing Bass 66 have red silks at the bridge and tuner ends of the string and gold/brass colored ball ends.

4. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Yes, Roto Swing Bass 66s have red silk wraps on both ends.

5. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    I must have got an oddball set then... I just bought two sets at my local shop, one has red on tuner end and bridge end, the other set, tuner end only :eek: !

That's pretty odd....the oddball set were on the bass on the stand in front of my computer...

:confused:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021