String options for 26" scale bass??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pmcd, Jan 6, 2017.

1. pmcd

pmcd

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    I have an mini P-style bass that I'd like to restring. I've searched and haven't found any strings specifically for basses below 30". I'm looking into flat and round options.

Any suggestions, besides just cutting a set of regular short-scales down?

THanks

2. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Recent, relevant threads, and an anthological post of mine, with some alternatives:
    Strings for ~25" scale length Samick Corsair Mini
    Samick Baby Bass strings?
    ^ As for option 3, the listing has ended but the "fernandesdirect" periodically re-lists the Pie-Zo set. There's a dude/ette from Japan who sells it for 28 bucks, free shipping worldwide:
    Fernandes BSZ-2000 ZO-3 Bass / PIE-ZO Strings Free Shipping for PIE-ZO ZO-3 Bass | eBay

To the above we could add an option 6 courtesy of @SBassman:
    Re: flats, check out this other old post of mine:
    PYRAMID maximum performance strings - Sonderanfertigungen, Custom Shop, Custom Strings, Instrumentensaiten Bestellservice
    (Also a possible route for roundwounds, not just flats.
    They're reportedly reluctant to make entirely new strings, so your choices of gauges should align with their existing ones - fattest flatwound they make is a .126" AFAIK.)

@kohanmike uses the string-anchor-at-back-of-bass method, minus the extra routing, successfully as shown here.

Finally, unless something else comes to mind later,

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021