1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String problem. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Frazer, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Frazer

Frazer Guest

I've got a few string related questions here;

First off i've replaced the standard strings (45,65,85,105) on my Ibanez GSR190 Bass with Rotosound Jazz 77 flatwounds (50,75,95,110).
    There fine apart from the problem pictured below which show that the to get the correct intonation the 4th string i've had to screw
    the saddle so far back that the taper of the string is almost sitting on the saddle. Why only this string and why much for a .005 difference
    in gauge!?

Should the fretted 12th be played harmonic?

Apparently my bass is a 34' scale but from nut to bridge its about 35.5.

[​IMG]

I want to replace these strings with some roundwounds (55,65,95,120) as I like to play in drop D and sometimes C.
    So taking into account the current problem what should I go for? I thought maybe D'Addarios as thats what Ibanez use.

2. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    thats weird. I have 2 GSR series basses and they both have .110 Rotosound E strings. The saddles are nowhere near that far back. I have the intonation set up perfectly. Is the truss rod adjusted correctly?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020