Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

string problem!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mutilation, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    hello yall
    i have a big huge frikkin problem
    i cant play my bass now because im trying to change my strings and it wont work
    i have a yamaha rbx and im trying to put new flats on it.... and so far i cant even get the string to go around the tuner ... first string change.. i just recently broke my g string and my d ...so i need help.. thanks

2. i got the same kind of bass as u buddy. it hapens to me but all i do is keep the strings as tight as possible when im winding them up:) just put in the hole and bend the string down and wrap it around till its how u want it:) hope ot works for ya

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    thanks very much guys....
    actually there long scale flats... Some cheap brand at a local music store.... they sound really nice though i played 10 for the set..... they were almost too long but i gottem on... thanks whiteknight

5. hey ya just glad i can help cuz i know it pissed me off the first time my D string broke. but i did it.
    Question: what kinda bass is ur's excatly.

6. if u play with a pick what kind do u use