Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String recomendations

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I am looking for my next pair of strings! Any good recomendations for my Lakland 55-01? Thanks for any string help. :bassist:

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I'm loving DR high beams on my DJ5 (failrly similar bass). I've recently started using fat beams and think they sound even a little bit better, especially on the low-B, but I have yet to try them on the DJ5 ... just waiting for the beams to go dead (it may be a while!).

If you let us know more what kind of music you play and what you've tried in the past we can be of more assistance.

3. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i use D'Addario half wounds ENR71SL (superlongs) strung thru the body :bassist: . i also recommend erniball "hybrids". and DR "lowrider" is a good string to.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    My luthier set me up with Roto Sound pressure wounds. I love the tension the have. Sounds like Roto's.

5. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I play rock to blues, I like that smooth sound.

6. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Smoothe eh? Have you tried flats?

7. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I just put a pair of Bootzillas on my warmoth jazz.
    Slapping machine now.

I also put a pair of sunbeams on my modulus.
    I havent decided if I like these yet, I think i dig the elixirs that i had prior on this bass.