1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String Recommendation for an Alleva Coppolo KBP4

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lichtaffen, May 4, 2010.

1. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I just received my "new-to-you" AC KBP4 and I'm loving it immensely. It was strung with a set of nickel rounds that I didn't recognize and they were pretty grungy, so I put a different set of steel rounds on it and it sounds really nice. I usually play D'Addario chromes and I really like the sound of flats, but rounds sound so great on this bass. I certainly don't want a set of zingy rounds on this bass because I mostly play soul/blues/r&b. I've heard that Nickel Lo-Riders have a really warm vintage-y sound for roundwounds, so I'm leaning towards those. I prefer medium tension strings. I've tried TI Jazz Flats and found them too noodle-like in tension. I've also tried Jameson flats and they are way too high tension. Any recommendations?