1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String set advice for a six-stringer

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bandeira, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Bandeira

Bandeira

Jan 4, 2007
    Hello Guys and girls...

Been looking for some advice on my next sets of strings...

I do like the growl I get from some strings in the BEA strings. In that area I like rotosounds (apart from the fact that they last for a week or so...)

But at the same time I get that growl I like from the lower register strings, the higher register ones sound excessively bright.

I wonder if you guys could suggest me a set of 6-strings that could better accomplish the goal of being deep and growl in the BEA and also be smooth and mellower in DGC.

I know it's kinda wonderland wish, but let me know if you can help me come close to what I want...

Cheers

Patrick

2. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    D'Addario Half Rounds.

3. Bandeira

Bandeira

Jan 4, 2007
    Keeping in mind that my bass is a 34" and very prone to floppy B.

Heard they are a bit on the floppy side of the force...

Can you confirm that?

Cheers

4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Circle K balanced set.

I've found the balanced set takes care of the issues that you have in regard to the DGC strings. They're a lot closer in tone across the board. Also, the B string is great.

5. SquierBender

SquierBender

Oct 22, 2009
    you could take the strings that you find to bright and rub them in your palm to deaden them slightly.
    Or, you could play after eating fried chicken. Be imaginitive! :)