Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Spacing For Independent Bridge System(s)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by andvari7, Dec 14, 2004.

1. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I've been looking at two different indepedent bridge systems for my six-string project. Unfortunately, neither company (Hipshot or CustomShopParts.com) seems to want to reveal the string spacing for six of these bad boys This is just for a standard spacing (as standard as those things get).

2. M_A_T_T

M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Canada
    Weird, when I asked custom shop parts they gladly told me. 15mm is the minimun, as I remember, if you put them right next to each other. The custom shop parts are quite nice too. I was able to do a 5-string, 2 1/2" spacing with about 1mm between each bridge/saddle piece. Here's a construction photo:

[​IMG]

3. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Thanks. So 15mm is the minimum between each bridge? That's going to go a long way in helping me. Thanks.

EDIT: I've received an official email from Hipshot (who makes the bridge system I'm going to go with), and I now know the proper spacing. Thanks for all input.