Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Spacing GT7 and GTBD7????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andyroo, Sep 1, 2003.

1. andyroo

andyroo

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    hey just a question for all you groove tools 7 stringers, what's the string spacing at the bridge of these basses? thanks

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    16.5mm on the standard GT-7s... Not too sure about the Dicken's model.

3. andyroo

andyroo

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    thanks prog, and beautiful conklins btw. :D anybody know the string spacing on the BD7?? :confused:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The BD7 has the same spacing at the bridge (I'm pretty sure they both carry the exact same bridge). It is tighter at the nut, however.

5. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    what's the spacing at the nut then?

thanks
    PL

6. andyroo

andyroo

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    thanks for the info Bryan!!

7. sorry to add another question to the pile, but what is the fingerboard radius on the gt-7s? also, to you custom owners what radius do you prefer (im just curious)?

8. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    16" on the GT-7. I can't imagine people prefering a 10" Fenderish radius on a 7 string.

9. phew, tell me about it. i can barely stand it on my 4 string fenders :smug:

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The GT-BD7 is 2 1/2 inches at the nut.

You're welcome. :)