1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

string spacing/saddle grooves on new fender mia 08 bridges?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tranceFusion, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Does anyone know which slots the strings should go in on the saddles to obtain which string spacing? (i just wanted to set mine at a standard jazz bass spacing)

Thanks!

2. Not sure what the saddles look like but if you place the strings so that they sit over the pole pieces of the pickups (or in between if there are 2 per string) I would guess that you would be at the standard string spacing.

Post a pic of the bass and a Fender expert will help you out.

Rick B.

3. Here's the string spacing on my '08' MIA Jazz V - B-center groove, E-center groove, A-center groove, D-left center groove, G-left center groove. Hope that helps.:)
    102_0080.

4. thanks vinxbass.

I have the 4 string. When I set the E and A strings in the center groove, and the D and G strings in the leftmost groove, the string spacing between the A and D is greater than the other two. If I move the outer strings to the outer grooves, the strings seems to get very close to the edge of the fretboard at the higher frets..

well, I guess I need to find an accurate ruler.. standard spacing is 19mm right?

5. hmm so it seems that on the 4 string at any rate, if you put all of the strings in the innermost grooves, you end up with 19mm spacing.

With this setting though, pickup pole alignment seems rather poor, and there is alot of fretboard space outside of the E and G strings..

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    I set all of mine furthest toward the center. Most comfortable for me (4 string).