1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String sug. for MIA Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I play Dub, Ska, Rock music. I have been using GHS Boomers they sound nice and fat. But I want something that feels a bit more rough, something that grips better. Give me some suggestions. :D Thanks for the info. :bassist:

2. ernie ball hybrids

3. Grey Cat

Grey Cat

Dec 1, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I use DR Hi-Beams on my MIA Jazz and love them. They're a bit rougher feeling than nickel-plated strings, but they don't mangle my frets like Rotosounds did. Plus, I think they sound good even after they "mellow" after a couple weeks. FWIW, I use the Medium-Lite set, .45-65-80-100. They're brighter than nickels, but not quite as bright as Rotosounds (although much more consitant and the change in tone isn't nearly as drastic when they start wearing in. YMMV.)

4. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    +1 on DR High Beams

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Check out the Fender 7050 nickel rounds or D'Addario XL's. Both are great choices.