Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Survey in process, please review

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Some of you were kind enough to lend your experiences in one of the three string surveys I've done since 1997, and I'm happy to note that the automated page at http://www.eclecticbass.com/stringsurvey.html has resulted in over 100 submissions! There is a link to the original 97-99 surveys there.

But no comes the hard part-- presenting all that data in a meaningful way. I've spent some time with different formats and have come up with one that I like, but I'd like to run it past another couple sets of eyes:

http://www.eclecticbass.com/stringsurvey02.html

As you might suspect, I'll probably have a main page with an index and individual pages for brands or alphabetical groupings. Your comments are welcome.

I'm also looking for any volunteers who are willing to help by inserting results into the HTML format. This is not a for-profit venture, just a way for us to share experiences with the maximum number of players in their search for their ideal string. It's an expensive hobby.

Thanks for your participation and interest.

2. Once again, thanks for your contribution to the DB world Bob.:)

Looks pretty slick. Maybe a little "busy" but hey, theres alot on info there. With similar brands on a page, I think it will turn out nice.

I would love to help with HTML if it is something I can do on FrontPage.??

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Not sure about FrontPage - I could send you the piece of HTML along with an email questionnaire response to see how it works out, if that's ok with you, or you could grab the test page that is out there and see how easy it is or isn't to edit the table with new info. I appreciate the offer!

4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Based on the minimal response to this and another post on another, less-traveled URB board, I'm putting the string survey on the back burner.

5. oklarain

oklarain

Feb 4, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Bob, I thought the survey looked great. I wish I had it a month ago when I spent hours sifting through all of the posts on the string forums looking for a new set of strings to try.

The information is easy to read/understand, as well as informative. (As I guess information is supposed to be, you know, informative)

Keep it up, it's good stuff.