Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Swap? (flats, tapes)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Flatwound, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Dudes and Dudettes, I have some strings that I don't like, but I don't want to throw away. First, some Dean Markley flatwounds, .045-.105 IIRC. These are dark, thumpy sounding strings with a quick decay. Second, some Rotosound 88 Tru-bass tapewounds, .065-.115. These are dark and thumpy sounding with a quick decay. And finally, some GHS Brite flats, .052-.103. These are uh... dark and thumpy, but with a bit more sustain than the others mentioned.

Also, the DM's and Roto's are cut for a 2+2 headstock and probably won't fit your Fender. The Brite Flats are almost new, as I had the A, D, and G on my P for a few minutes, and the E is still in the package. The A, D, and G are cut for a Fender-style headstock.

So. Lemme know what you got, I'm interested in other flatwounds, Labella, Fender, or GHS nylons, etc.

2. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I KNOW somebody wants these strings... I can just feel it.

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    OK. I see what's happened. I have somehow failed to communicate to you that these are very cool strings. Perhaps you've been saying to yourself, "Self, I need some dark, thumpy strings that will help my bass sound like an URB." Well, here's your chance!

All you have to do is PM or e-mail me, let me know what old, crappy strings you have available, and get these shiny, new-ish strings in trade. I mean, what could be simpler?