String Swap? (flats, tapes)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Flatwound, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Dudes and Dudettes, I have some strings that I don't like, but I don't want to throw away. First, some Dean Markley flatwounds, .045-.105 IIRC. These are dark, thumpy sounding strings with a quick decay. Second, some Rotosound 88 Tru-bass tapewounds, .065-.115. These are dark and thumpy sounding with a quick decay. And finally, some GHS Brite Flats, .052-.103. These are uh... dark and thumpy, but with a bit more sustain than the others mentioned.

Also, the DM's and Roto's are cut for a 2+2 headstock and probably won't fit your Fender. The Brite Flats are almost new, as I had the A, D, and G on my P for a few minutes, and the E is still in the package. The A, D, and G are cut for a Fender-style headstock.

So. Lemme know what you got, I'm interested in other flatwounds, LaBella, Fender, or GHS nylons, etc.

2. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I KNOW somebody wants these strings... I can just feel it.

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    OK. I see what's happened. I have somehow failed to communicate to you that these are very cool strings. Perhaps you've been saying to yourself, "Self, I need some dark, thumpy strings that will help my bass sound like an URB." Well, here's your chance!

All you have to do is PM or e-mail me, let me know what old, crappy strings you have available, and get these shiny, new-ish strings in trade. I mean, what could be simpler?

4. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    PM sent.