String Tension Comparison chart (or similar).

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rockin John, Jul 24, 2005.

1. After browsing some of the flats threads, and noting guys attempting to describe string tension comparison, I wondered if a chart exists that details Lbs/Kgs pull. I wondered if there's a strings guru on this board who might have quantified this sort of thing.

As a flats user I've previously attempted to qualtify this for different makes / types of flats, but with little success.

I'm aware some manufacturers openly give these figuers: others don't. Rotosound, for example, refused to give me this info on the grounds that it was (something like) a trade secret!

2. DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
  3. Thanks Dave. Yes, both TI and DAdd' will publish. I'm not sure why Roto take the view they do but I guess they can do exactly what they like!

I wonder whether there's a standard method for measuring string tension so that all makers do it the same way? It would be V nice to see someone publish their own figures for Roto strings. First so we players could get an idea of their tensions and second to send a bit of a message to that company, if you see what I mean!!