1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String tension?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ingemar, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Anyone who knows where I can find (links) info. about stringtension for different kind/brands of el. bass guitarr strings
    (preferably gattered at one place)

I like rather low or medium tensioned strings (nickelplated round wounds, compressed/goundwound/halfrounds, flats and coated) but not so lowtensioned that it will cause problems with the bassneck relief (some low t. str. can't manage to bow bassnecks with single action trussrodds even if the trossrod is totaly slacked)

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Get the D'Addario string tension pdf off their site. It's the only documented tension figures around other than some T-I packaging, and there is a formula there you can use in a spreadsheet too. They have figures for all the types they make and they are generally close enough to translate that to other brands of strings - at least in the ballpark.