Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

String Winder

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by jlattuada, Feb 11, 2005.

1. jlattuada

jlattuada

Apr 25, 2001
    Richmond, Va
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a string winder attachment for a drill. Need to fit it on Sloane gears
    Thanks

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

I have this one. It works well and it's nice in that it'll handle anything from a DB gear to guitar gears. Plus it also has the hand crank if you want/need it.

Charles

3. jlattuada

jlattuada

Apr 25, 2001
    Richmond, Va
    Will this work with larger tuning gears?

See attachment

4. Eric_J

Eric_J Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Flower Mound, TX. USA
    I measured the one I got from Bob. Its max opening is 7/32".

5. Julie

Julie

Mar 6, 2005
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Try Robertson's Violin Shop 1-800-284-6546. I have Sloane tuners, but a friend got mine and I believe it came from there. It attaches to a drill.

Julie

6. jlattuada

jlattuada

Apr 25, 2001
    Richmond, Va
    Thanks Julie,

Since originally posting this message found that David Gage makes a custom winder for Sloanes. It was $18 and works great.

7. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    When did you get it? I wanted one but they said they were out last summer. I've checked a few times since to see if they made more with no response.

Monte

8. jlattuada

jlattuada

Apr 25, 2001
    Richmond, Va
    Monte,

Called them last Friday and spoke to Ruth. She checked stock and said they were out, but it would only take 15 minutes to make one.

Called me back on Monday to apologize that they only shipped it out that day. Had it in my hands on Wednesday. Great service in my opinion.

Hope this helps.