String winders?!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Jan 30, 2005.

1. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    Ia there such a thing as a bass string winder?
  2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i've seen the guitar ones so I guess there has to be. Also I think I saw one in the d'addario package bass give away thing. Personally I don't see myself buying one.
  3. toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    I have one, it really makes things easier on my db but I have never used it on my electrics.
  4. I have a Planet Waves winder, and it's great. Costs so little and saves you a lot of time. Just be shure to get one that matches your pegs.
  5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    the fender string winders work for guitar or bass, like .99 cents at any store, worth the money lol
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I gig two to three times a week, so I soak my stings in denatured alcohol overnight every other week. A sting winder makes the process go much quicker.

If I only changed strings 2 or three times a year, I probably wouldn't bother having one.
  7. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    most guitar winders have a little slit cut out in the area that grips the tuner to allow them on bigger bass tuners.
  8. Magelus

Sep 12, 2004
    I've got the Planet Waves winder too, excpet mine has a cutter. It isn't sharp though, so I suppose it's more of a masher, but hey, it does the same stuff so who cares what you call it. But yeah, they are pretty cheap, and they really come in handy.