1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stringing method

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by tww001, Nov 11, 2006.

1. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    If I'm running my strings through-body on a standard long-scale (34") neck, should I but extra-long scale (36") strings to compensate for the extra length going through the body of my bass? The d'Addario chromes I have on my fretless are strung through-body (regular long scale) and the silk goes over the nut onto the fingerboard about one or two millimeters. Thanks!

2. :cool: When using D'Addario strings in a through-body mode, at least with Fenders anyway, you've got to order the extra-long. I found this out many years ago. Good strings, but their labeling for scale length leaves something to be desired.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Better safe than sorry.

4. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    I had the same problem when i put chromes on my Fender MIA. I took them off not too long later because i didnt really care for flats ( i was expereimenting).

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021