stringing my new warwick

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lymie, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Lymie

Jul 25, 2000
    Woohoo, proud owner of an infinity ltd 5 for a day :hyper: . But what strings sound best on it. right now it has really bad warwick red labels on it and my old strings are too short (have a couple of old d'addario slowwounds). i need long enough, bright sounding, tapered b string

thx in advance
  2. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    I don't know if you're looking for rounds or flats but I use TI-jazz flats on my Warwick Streamer LX5 and the B string fits into the bridge although it isn't tapered. If you're looking for rounds I'd suggest DR high-beams or low-riders with the tapered B. Goodluck!
  3. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    On my Warwick thumb 4 NT and Streamer Stage II, I actually have found that the Warwick Black Label strings sounded the best. The Blk Label strings are stainless steel and the Red Label are nickel. I now have a set of SIT strings on the Streamer Stage II because I had a couple of sets left and they sound really good too but I'd go with the Warwick Blk Label strings.
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    why DRs are the best silly. I have DR highbeams on my thumb and it sounds wonderful...or did before i havent changed the strings for 5 monthes and i play with sweaty hands all the time, but they do hold their brightness for a while.
  5. screwball

Jul 25, 2004
    Manchester UK
    I'd go for either Hi-Beams, Fat-Beams or Lo-Riders. Can't go wrong with any of them.
  6. I loved the sound and brightness of the Warwick black labels, but I found that they "died" pretty quickly.
    I now use D'Addario prism's on my thumb 5 and next string change will use the new pro steels'. They hold their brightness for a good amount of time and get great lows also. Also, both the prisms and the pro steels' come with a tappered B string. Check out the latest copy of Bass Player mag. This month they have a sting shootout of like 100+ different stings. Very nice.
  7. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    What kind of music are you using the bass for? A bright sounding string is Elixirs. Many people like them. For a bass that can play just about anything, I'd go Thomastik Infelds.
  8. Is that the nov. copy of bassplayer you're reffering to?
  9. steve724

steve724 Guest

Jul 25, 2004
    check out the spector stainless medium 45-105. they have a really great tone, great bottom, good top, not to much mids and they last forever! :D

10. To be honest with you, I don't pay attention to the dates. I got it in the mail This past monday. My guess is December??

Anyway, it's got like 145 different string sets tested with general feel, price, gauges, and respects to bass, mids and highs in a bar graph manner.
  11. Wow, sounds amazing... Thanks