Stringlife ???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Turlu, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Anybody out there ever tried the product "Stringlife" which is so supposed to extend the life of the strings?

I am just curious before I order some.
  2. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I got some last week, and you know... these strings have lasted a week now!

Seriously, though, the jury's out on this stuff as far as bass goes. I didn't exactly try it in "controlled" conditions, inasmuch as I just changed strings and didn't really listen to the instrument before I put the stuff on. To be fair, the set may have had a few dead strings before I put the stuff on, but I DO know that it doesn't change the feel of the strings. After application, they felt the same, unlike some of the string lube products.

Since it's advertised as a string life extender, it will be a while before I find out whether it works or not.

Their website was easy to use, and they shipped their product immediately. For around nine bucks, give it a shot. They seem to be genuinely concerned about the performance of their product.

I'll repost if/when I find out...
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hm, sounds like one of those 'super products' that turn out to be a waste of money in the end.

Put the strings in alcohol or turpentine (not the f*cking stupid boiling water !!!!!) overnight. They gonna be like new.
  4. i like 'em medium-rare :)

but to me that product sounds just like the crap they sell on TV ( you know.. " this amazing product can do it all, and is not available in any stores. call now ! we're waiting to take your order, call now ! "

my advice : try it out.. if it works : cheer
    if it blows : also cheer ( because you've gained some knowledge :D )
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ok this thread is over two years old so let's get your opinions on this product. If you guys are using the same set of strings two and 1/2 years later, I'm going to rush out and buy some asap.:D
  6. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I have an ibanez roadster II which was made in 1983, and it was in my uncles attick until june this year. 20 years old the strings are and they still sound good
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Your uncle used the product DR stringlife? I didn't know it has been around that long.
  8. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I tried Stringlife. It was utterly worthless on everything I tried it on. It's supposed to extend the life of strings - didn't work. It's supposed to revive dying strings - didn't work. Tried it on TI Jazz Rounds, DM Blue Steels, Roto 66's, and others. I saw absolutely no benefit from it, to say the least. [​IMG]

I obviously wouldn't buy it again, but as always, YMMV I suppose. If anyone buys it and finds it to be a wonder product, I'd like to hear about it.
  9. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i dont know man. i have bad acid fingers. i used this for a week(5 practices before recording) and they sounded great the entire time.

last week, i used one set of strings for recording. stringlife defintely help keep them alive.