1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stringray type pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thebug, Feb 19, 2002.

  1. Hey,

    I want to replace the pick up on my Aria IGB 68 bass (which has a Stingray type humbucker pick up) with an EMG. I've checked out the EMG homepage, but they only talk about serial numbers and since there arn't any pics of the pick ups on their site I have no idea what model I have to look for, does anyone here know? any help would be appreciated.....
  2. neptoon

    neptoon Supporting Member

    Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    i think what you are referring to is a music man type pickup, or mm. and if i may suggest, i would go with a seymour duncan. also, be advised that just replacing your pickup may not yield the results you're looking for. i would replace the electronics before i replaced the pickups. the electronics you have installed now are probably not allowing you to get your current pups potential. if you could replace both the elex and the pups, that would yield the best results. good luck!
  3. yeah I meant a Musicman pickup, (or Stingray, Sterling, G&L etc.)anyway you know what I meant. Is it possible to get both the elex and the pick up from Seymore Duncan? and can I order them somewhere online?