Strings Dilema/Opinions on 5 string sets......

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Yea..... out of desperation, I have been going crazy looking for strings of my preference. I love the kick that stainless steels give, but even though they are tougher, the damned G string goes bland on me....I like the feel on Nickel, but the kick is you know any brands (good for 5 stringed basses) that have a good feel, and yet keep the beautiful kick?
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    try a set of Dean Markley nickel plated steel strings. steel strings with the feel of nickel. they're actually quite nice. i have a set on my schecter devil bass right now. i can't attest to their life, as i just put them on a couple weeks ago. they're still quite bright. and they cut, too.
  3. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    DR High Beams:cool:
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    DR (stainless) Lo-Riders. I generally don't like stainless strings, but I like the Lo-Riders.
  5. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    dean markeley blue steels.. my fav.. g string is fine IMO.. maybe check your pickup height?
  6. lol.......I literally mean it's bland\'s like it was ensouled or something..and it's the 2nd time it's happened to me with Stainless was the Smith Set..and the other was my former set of Lo Riders,,,,,

I'll definitely have to check out these Dean Markley Blue Steels....I've heard so much about them~!
  7. TI Powerbass all the way. Believe me, I've done the testing of everything else for you! I like DR's too, but they didn't last very long. I will probably always use TI's now.
  8. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I recently tried the TI powerbass. LOVE THE B. I love the even volume and tone across the neck, but I am just looking for more tone. (I dislike the sound of nickle) My favorite strings are month+ old roto sound swing bass. However the B string sucks. I think its the higher tension. I wish TI made stainless strings.