1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings: Eurosonic set, Obligato set, Oliv E,A,D

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Joe Kyle Jr., Jan 28, 2005.

1. Joe Kyle Jr.

Joe Kyle Jr. Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    For sale:

1) One full set of Eurosonic regulars. Bought new from Upton Bass in January 2002, they were installed on my Kay for about 3 months. They're still in good condition. I did nip about 2 inches off the pegbox end of each string so they wouldn't crowd each other.
    $40 shipped to anywhere in the States or Canada; $50 to Europe.

2) Pirastro Obligatos -- full set, in good condition. Bought new about a year ago. A few hours of playing time on this set, but there's still plenty of life left in 'em!
    $45 shipped to U.S/Canada; $55 Europe

3) Pirastro Oliv E, A, D -- gut wrapped in chrome steel. The E and A strings are in almost new condition, they were installed on a bass for less than 2 days. The D string is in very good condition, has about 12 hours of playing time.
    E - $75; A - $55; D - $40. $160 for all 3.

Thanks for looking and feel free to p.m. or email me with any questions. I can accept personal checks, money orders and PayPal.

2. Hey Joe!

Caught you guys here in Enumclaw, Wa about a year ago - great stuff!

I'm very interested in your Pirastro Obligatos and possibly the euros as well. I am curious about your experience with them - any comments?

I like to be able to bow quite a bit (more folksy kinda gospel stuff) so the Pirastro Obligatos sound like they may be ideal for my Strunal. I did get to try Euros on a Swingmaster (at Hammond-Ashley) but not really sure what I thought of them. I was thinking of trying them on my Azola floating Bugbass...

Thanks

3. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003

The Obligatos have been sold...

4. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003

Hey Doug! Nice to hear from you. Oh yeah, that show was the one where my bad case of bronchitis had just about turned into pneumonia! Boy was I hopped up on Robotussin. Good thing we were in a church, other wise I might have slipped away forever that night!

We'll be back up your way next week, though not in Enumclaw.
    Thursday 2/10 at Jazzbones, 2803 6th Ave. in Tacoma
    and Sunday 2/13 at the Tractor Tavern in Seattle.

Sorry, but I just did sell the Obligatos.
    As for the Euros, I can't say that I'd recommend them for your Bug Bass, esp. if you plan on bowing them. I had them on a 1939 Kay and they sounded good, but arco strings they're not.

5. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003
    The Obligatos and the Eurosonics have been sold.

Still availble:
    Pirastro Oliv E, A, D -- gut wrapped in chrome steel. The E and A strings are in almost new condition, they were installed on a bass for less than 2 days. The D string is in very good condition, has about 12 hours of playing time.
    E - $75; A - $55; D - $40. $160 for all 3.

Thanks for looking and feel free to p.m. or email me with any questions. I can accept personal checks, money orders and PayPal.

6. Joe Kyle Jr.

May 13, 2003
    The Pirastro Oliv E & A have sold.
    The D string is still available.

Man I love this forum! Maybe I should quit my day job and stay home and sell all my stuff on Talk Bass...oh, wait, I don't have a day job.