1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

strings flap around too much

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by AestheticChris, Feb 25, 2008.

1. i was considering putting a wrist band on it i use a 40-125 gause on my 5 cause i like to slap and dig into it but yeah particualarly on the G E and B strings. i was just thinking of putting a like sweat wrist band or something onto the zero fret and seeing if it will stop the strings from flapping sooo much. but i was wondering if there is something more efficent and maybe less tacky that i could do or use. all input would be awesome.

2. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    What you're describing won't really do anything other than deaden the open strings a little when you're playing. If it feels "floppy" when you're playing it while fretting notes why would putting a constricting apparatus at the zero fret help?

You could try different strings. Some strings have higher tension than others, and the gage affects things as well. Might just have to find out which strings are considered high tension and experiment a little to see what you like.