1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings fo sail..... Velvet Anima and Corelli 370 Forte

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by BrandonEssex, Mar 27, 2005.

1. BrandonEssex

BrandonEssex

Feb 21, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    So I recently tried some different types of strings on my Juzek after Nick Lloyd did a neck reset for me. Unfortuneately for my pocketbook..... the work just made my Innovations sound even better....... so I have....

a set of Velvet Anima, used for about a week, really loud strings, lots of mid, surprisingly good arco, as well as easy to slap, but I found the pizz response to be a little too slow for me. I think this is a result of the really low tension. Make an offer, I paid about 220 with shipping. These strings have begun to oxidize, as copper will, but they are not really even totally broken in yet.

and a set of Savarez Corelli 370 Forte. These are great arco strings, but the tension is too high for my current set up. Nice and dark, full loud fundamental, no scratchiness, even with my right arm and pops rosin..... well, on the G and D anyway. I didn't ever install the E and A, so I'd like to get 75 for the set, which is the price of the E and A alone from Lemur. I had the D and G on for about 48 hours, so they are nearly new as well.

So if anybody's interested, PM or email me at ibrokeyogstrang@yahoo.com questions are welcome!

2. Re: Animas