1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings for 5er ADGCF tuning(I know there are many of these threads.)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Temezki, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    My bass is Sandberg TM5 35''. At the moment I have Ernie Ball Power Slinky .050 .070 .085 .105 .135. gauge strings. I play pretty hard and strings for A, D and F feel kinda loose would it be better if i had thicker strings like D'Addario .055 .075 .090 .110 .145. I know these brands like Circle K but i live in Finland and i would like to buy strings from my local dealer. String i can get are Ernie Ball, D'Addario, GHS and DR

2. unclebass

unclebass

Dec 17, 2012
    If A, D, and F are the only strings that feel a little loose, just bump up those strings and leave the others the same gauge. This should not be a problem if they sell singles. Just replace the looser strings, and if the old ones don't match the feel of the new, then go back to the music store and get the rest. It might cost a little more for the singles, but it may be the only way to find out what your playing style requires.

3. bunkaroo

bunkaroo

Apr 25, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I had my 35" scale Spector set up ADGCF with DR stainless steel Lo-Riders. Tension felt pretty good. They make a 135 that I used for A. I believe my gauges went 135-110-90-70-50.

D'Addario also has a lot of gauges available, especially for the nickel XL's. You can go up to a 145 for the low string. The ProSteels are not as tight but still feel good to me.